We’ve designed our API to be easily consumed by nearly any type of software, script, or application using standard HTTP calls. This allows a script to turn on/off device, poll device information, or change system configurations.
Table of Contents
- Quick Start
- Various Topics
- Authentication - All requests must be authorized and requires a user to login first.
- API App Key - An API Application key is used to authorize an application. You'll need to request an API App Key if you wish to develop your own application.
- Responses - Standard HTTP response codes to to signify various events.
- Rate limiting - The rate at which calls the API are limited.
- Common fields - Some fields are commonly returned in many results.
- Result headers - Details about information included in the response headers.
- Manage results
- Core Resources
- Categories - Used to organize various items within the Yombo infrastructure.
- Commands - Explore available system commands that are available to gateway devices.
- Devices - Devices that can be controlled by a gateway.
- Device Types - Various device types, such as X10 devices, Insteon, etc.
- Gateways - Gateways defined by the current user.
- Commands - Get a list of possible commands available for a gateway.
- DNS - Manage gateway DNS.
- Device Types - Get a list of possible device types for a gateway.
- DT Commands - Get a list of possible commands for all device types for a gateway.
- Input types - Get a list of possible input types a gateway.
- Modules - Manage gateway modules.
- Reset login credentials - Generate new gateway login credentials.
- Users - Manage gateway users.
- Input types - Specifies various type if input, such as strings, addresses, automation protocols, etc.
- Locations - Devices can be placed into various logical locations for grouping and sorting. Helps to keep devices organized.
- Modules - Modules defined within the Yombo system.
- Module Device Types
- Nodes - Nodes store various data. They are used by modules to store extended data, or by the Yombo desktop app to store the menu interface data.
- Variable - Overview of variables.
- Other resources
- Users - Lookup users by email or by user_id.