We’ve designed our API to be easily consumed by nearly any type of software, script, or application using standard HTTP calls. This allows a script to turn on/off device, poll device information, or change system configurations.
The Yombo API is organized around REST with predictable resource oriented URLs. The API uses standard HTTP response code to indicate successes or errors. Combined with HTTP verbs, this allows off-the-shelf HTTP clients to access the API. By default, our API returns results in JSON format, however we also support more advanced msgpack.
Table of Contents
- Quick Start
- Various Topics
- API Key - An API Key is used to identify an individual application or script and is required with every request.
- Responses -
- Limit response size - Limit the size of the response by applying filters or limit number of responses in the result set.
- Rate limiting - The rate at which calls the API are limited.
- Common fields - Some fields are commonly returned in many results.
- API:Miscellaneous - These things are not like the others.
- Core Resources
- Commands - Explore available system commands that are available to gateway devices.
- Devices - Devices that can be controlled by a gateway.
- Device types - Various device types, such as X10 devices, Insteon, etc.
- DT commands - Commands that are available to various devices.
- DT command inputs - Inputs that can be provided with commands that are sent to various device types.
- Gateways (GW) - Gateways defined by the current user.
- GW Commands - Get a list of possible commands available for a gateway.
- GW device types - Get a list of possible device types for a gateway.
- GW DT commands - Get a list of possible commands for all device types for a gateway.
- GW DNS - Manage gateway DNS items.
- GW modules - Add/remove modules from a gateway.
- GW new hash - Generate a new hash for a gateway.
- GW users - Manage gateway users.
- Modules - Modules defined within the Yombo system.
- Module device types
- Variable groups
- Variable fields
- Variable data
- Other resources