Yombo 0.22.0 released
September 21, 2018
This version brings three new libraries, multiple new features, and many fixes. This blog entry is just a summary of the highlights, see the 0.22.0 release notes for full details.
Version 0.22.0 brings 3 new libraries to help with performance, assist with external resources, and event reporting.
Expensive computations or database calls can quickly slow down the system. Having independent caches within a library or modules can quickly become unmanageable when handling data changes.
The cache library provides for clearing caches based on a tagging system (see cache library documentation for additional details) the quickly clear caches as needed.
The cache library provides three caching systems:
- lru - least recently used cache discards items that are least accessed when the cache starts to fill up
- lfu - least frequently used caching system discards items that are least frequently accessed when items need to be removed.
- ttl - Time based caching.
The events library is used to instrument the system to track various activities behind the scenes. This library allows simply collection of data for various activities, such as when python modules were installed/updated, tls certificates are generated and renewed, etc.
The requests library can be used to easily make HTTP requests. This assists modules in making http/https calls by automatically converting received content to a dictionary, if possible. For example, converting received JSON content to a dictionary.
- Atoms and states can now track the source of changes, or, what library or module last set the value.
- Rounded out the user permission system. Finally added ability to full manage role permissions and add/delete users. Wildcards for permissions can now be easily added to roles.
- Within the web interface, many tabs now display a count of items for each tab. This allows you to quickly see where data may exist that otherwise would have gone unnoticed.
- The installation location is now properly set within the framework. This allows modules to quickly know where the Yombo gateway is installed at.
- Fix some setup wizard items
- Load all roles into memory properly.
- Fix race conditions for AMQP connections. It now creates exchanges and queues before binding them. It will send any queued messages last.
- Fix the URLs within the web interface for auth keys.