KB: raspberry pi enable ssh
Here are three ways to enable SSH on a RPi:
Command line version 1
This is the Raspberry Pi foundation's recommended method:
- Enter sudo raspi-config in a terminal window
- Select Interfacing Options
- Navigate to and select SSH
- Choose Yes
- Select Ok
- Choose Finish
Command line version 2
The fastest method:
- Enter sudo touch /boot/ssh in a terminal window.
- On next reboot, SSH will be enabled.
Launch Raspberry Pi Configuration from the Preferences menu
- Navigate to the Interfaces tab
- Select Enabled next to SSH
- Click OK
This page was last edited on 24 August 2018.