Web Interface: Basic Settings
To set the dynamic DNS name for the gateway, use the DNS settings section. This allows searching of available domain names that can be used.
A DNS name is required for HTTPS encryption of traffic for the web interface traffic, mobile device interactions, and connections to the MQTT broker.
For for details about DNS and how it's used see the DNS description.
View or edit DNS name
To view or edit the DNS name:
- Open the web interface.
- Select System Settings from the menu.
- Select DNS from the sub-menu.
If a DNS name is already selected, the full DNS name will be listed as "Current FQDN:".
To edit the DNS name:
- Enter a desired name and click search.
- If you see an available DNS name you wish to use, click on Use this and accept the confirmation dialog box.
- If you do not see an available DNS name, try searching again.
If you changed the DNS, you should restart the gateway afterwards.