Using automation and security products keep you safe, manage energy consumption, and frees your mind from wondering if the garage door is closed. Let Yombo be the center point of your automation system as it can integrate various protocols and control systems to create a seamless environment. Solutions for home and business automation exist for every budget.
Use Let’s Encrypt certificates to securely access your automation system. Certificates are created and renewed by the gateway automatically.
Modules extend the capabilities of the Yombo Gateway. The framework allows all python programming skill levels to quickly create advanced automation rules, add new automation protocols, or even share logic modules such as managing garage doors.
Internet of Things - IoT
Support for various Internet of Things (IoT) is possible through tight integration with light weight protocols such as Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT).
Sensitive data such as passwords are encrypted using GPG. The private key is generated by the local gateway and is never revealed. Remote mobile devices or applications can send encrypted messages for the gateway which cannot be read by anything other than the intended destination. Only the local software has the private key needed to decrypt the information..
Automation rules allow users to quickly create powerful rules. Easily create rules/events to trigger at dawn, dusk, or if the garage door being left open too long.
Hooks allow users to quickly implement advanced features in custom modules and is one of the most powerful features of the Yombo Gateway.
Get a free vanity domain name to access your home automation system, such as myhouse.homelink.one. Once your gateway is installed, choose from several top level domains. Combined with Let’s Encrypt, we help ensure that any communications are encrypted.
3rd Party Support
Our servers support 3rd party interactions, such as with Amazon Alexa. We can work with any vendor to extend capabilities with our cloud.
Automation protocols are implemented as modules, see the full list of modules available to find what protocols and advanced automation rules are already available.
States represent current information about a various systems such as HVAC, sprinklers, etc. States also represent the current environment such as: is it raining, is it dark outside, when is sunrise, when is it dawn. This information can be used in automation rules and modules.
A time-based scheduler allows events, or activities, to be performed at regular intervals. For example, every Saturday night, turn on music at the same time. Currently, these can only be implemented within a module; however, work is rapidly being made to be able to create cron jobs (tasks) through the web interface.
Supports routing notifications on various events. For example, route garage door left open message to your phone, while front door was opened can be sent as a tweet to Twitter (hopefully to a private feed).
- Authentication Keys – Create access tokens for external applications and scripts to access the Yombo Gateway.
- Atoms – Provide static bits of information about the system that is accessible to rules and modules.
- AMQP – Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) support allows modules to easily connect to AQMP brokers.
- Local API – Separate from our primary API, each gateway has it’s own local API that local applications, scripts, or system events can access to perform actions or get the status of devices.
- Statistics – Statistics regarding your device history, energy used or produced, hours of daylight vs night time, can all be tracked and reviewed.
- Internationalization - Supports internationalization and localization.
- Permissions – Manage what users and other applications can access within the gateway.
- Roles – Roles group permissions together and are attached to users and authentication keys to control access.