Modules extend the capabilities of the Yombo automation software. This can include logic modules such as how to manage garage doors, or protocol modules such as how to communicate with Z-Wave, Insteon, or X10. Yombo provides the framework to do nearly anything.
- Install modules - Learn how to install modules on your installation.
- Create modules - Develop modules to take your automation rules and scenes to the next level.
- List of modules - Available modules.
By itself, the Yombo Gateway doesn't do very much, but through modules, the possibilities are endless. The primary reasons why people develop modules:
- Create advanced automation rules and conditions.
- Create logic modules to solve common problems, such turning on the HVAC when alarm system is disarmed.
- Expand the capabilities of the gateway, such as adding support for an automation protocol.
The modules are written in python 3, but don't let that have you running. Turning on a light when the system starts and turning off a light when a system stops can be completed in 4 lines of code:
def _start_(self): #Called on system start. self.Devices['automation status light'].do_command('on') # turn a light on def _stop_(self): #Called on system shutdown. self.Devices['automation status light'].do_command('off') # turn a light off