Module: Amazon Alexa
|Created||2018-12-04 21:00:35 GMT|
|Prod Updated||2018-10-26 08:16:37|
|Dev Updated||2017-12-21 21:06:51|
This module extends the capabilities of the Yombo Gateway by adding support for Amazon Alexa. This allows control of selected devices though authorized Alexa devices and applications.
- An Alexa enabled device or software.
- Setup DNS.
- Install the Amazon Alexa module.
Be sure to follow both steps to complete the installation:
- Before installing the module, open the Alexa app and add the Yombo skill. You will need to enter your Yombo credentials to pair your Alexa devices to your Yombo account.
- After the module has been marked to be installed, restart the gateway. This will download and install the module.
Before Alexa can discover devices and scenes, they must be approved:
- Open the Yombo gateway web interface
- From the main menu, select "Module Settings", then select "Amazon Alexa"
- From the devices tab, check any devices you wish Alexa to discover and control.
- From the scenes tab, check any scenes you wish Alexa to discover and control.
- After you are done, click on "Update Alexa" at the bottom.
- Please wait 30 seconds after clicking "Update Alexa" before asking Alexa to discover new devices.
- Ask Alexa to discover new devices.
- Using the Alexa App, update the names of the devices and scenes labels as needed.
See LICENSE.md file for full details.
The Yombo team and other contributors hopes that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.