Module: Phone Bandwidth
|Created||2018-02-04 10:21:22 GMT|
|Prod Updated||2018-10-26 08:16:37|
|Dev Updated||2018-02-02 22:59:03|
Allows Yombo gateway to communicate with phones using bandwidth.com. It can route notification alerts to phones as either SMS or MMS. It can optionally receive SMS message for controlling devices.
This modules uses bandwidth.com to handle sending and receiving SMS/MMS, a valid and paid account is required for this to work. Bandwidth.com is cheaper than Twilio and offers the same service level for our needs.
Master gateway only
This module will only work on the master / primary gateway. Installing this module on a non-master gateway will not cause problems, the module will not fully load and start.
Quick outline of steps:
- Add the phone module to your gateway.
- Create an account at bandwidth.com
- Select a phone number to associate to your account.
- Add funds to your account.
- Add this module to your gateway.
- When adding this module, you'll need to enter the phone number and account credentails. This information is used to communicate with bandwidth.com. The account information will be encrypted and only available locally within the gateway.
- Restart the gateway
- Open the web configuration tool for the gateway.
- Goto 'Module Settings' and select 'Phone'.
- Add a new phone, ensuring the phone number is entered in the variables section.
- Goto 'Module Settings' and select 'Phone' again.
- Edit the notification targets for any new phones you added.
- Goto 'Module Settings' and select 'Phone Bandwidth'.
- Endable sending and/or receiving for any phones you wish to activate using bandwidth.com.
- Optionally (highly recommended), supply a pin code that need to be included when sending commands to your gateway.
- A pin is recommended since SMS to/from phone numbers can be spoofed and the system has no way to ensure the sender if really from the designated phone.